Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 The Craft Legacy 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Craft Legacy 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Craft Legacy
Quote:
The Craft: Legacy is an upcoming 2020 American supernatural horror film written and directed by Zoe Lister-Jones. The film is a stand-alone sequel to the 1996 film The Craft and stars Cailee Spaeny, Gideon Adlon, Lovie Simone, Zoey Luna, Michelle Monaghan and David Duchovny. Jason Blum is serving as a producer under his Blumhouse Productions banner.

The Craft: Legacy is scheduled to be released in the United States through video on demand on October 28, 2020.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:59 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Craft Legacy
After such a long gap this is all they can come up with? A generic villain with similar story and characters from the original. The characters this time are well rounded but it lacks the urgency or horror elements of the first movie. Surprisingly the witching in a movie called "Craft" is pretty much non-existent. The acting is passable from the 4 leads but Monaghan and Duchovny are wasted in this.

C+

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:01 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

This was lame and felt like a Freeform pilot instead of a sequel. The first was a blast and had some super memorable sequences, this just feels so pedestrian. it's also not a horror film and I'm pretty sure an episode of Scooby Doo is scarier. The ending is kind of cool though. C

Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:42 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

The performances were easily the best thing about this. I didn't hate it and was actually kind of getting into it at the beginning, but it really fell apart in the second half IMO. This movie is just inferior in every way to the original, especially when it comes to the horror elements which are pretty much gone entirely as well as anything resembling edge or atmosphere. I also thought the third act was really weak with that random, last minute villain reveal.

C-

Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:06 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

The first movie's climax is in another league compared to this stupid movie's X-Men wannabe climax. It was actually very creepy and Nancy's descent into craziness was iconic.

Also I was gonna comment on the score being cool for the twist reveal at the very end leading into the end credits but I just found out it isn't even an original composition and just an instrumental of another pre-existing song. Lame ;)

Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:55 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

I don't love the original as much as you guys but I do think I went generous with my rating on this one due to better character development.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:26 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

It's a campy favorite. The spell on Christine Taylor's 'mean girl' character and the climax in the house are very memorable horror setpieces.

Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:07 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

Yes I love that movie for the atmosphere and the way they bring out horror and spells. It's a solid B movie for me that doesn't aspire to be great (which sometimes is enough).

Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:10 pm
Forum General

I wouldn't call the first Craft movie great either, but its a hell of a lot better than this and was way more imaginative with its premise. This movie was just lame and had it not been for the strong performances from the four girls my grade would have definitely been lower, because it deserves a lower score.

I just can't get over how much of a mess that third act was and what makes it even worse is that they clearly took plot elements from the most recently panned Black Christmas movie as if that big, pile of shit was something actually worth stealing from.

If that's what the writers for these Blumhouse movies are going to start doing than count me out on a lot of their future projects, especially if its under that new standard.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:16 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Agreed Blumhouse this year has been dismal. They need to start filtering the projects and not just take every script that sounds interesting under their banner.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]