Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Secrets We Keep 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Secrets We Keep 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Secrets We Keep
Quote:
The Secrets We Keep is an 2020 American drama thriller film directed by Yuval Adler, from a screenplay by Adler and Ryan Covington. It stars Noomi Rapace, Joel Kinnaman, and Chris Messina.

It was to be released in a limited release on September 16, 2020, followed by video on demand on October 16, 2020, by Bleecker Street.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:22 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Secrets We Keep
This was a tense thriller that keeps you guessing. Three central performances are great here I specially like Messina here while Kinnaman comes out the weakest. The final reveal and action are done really well. I wished they would have done a little better with the backstory so as to connect with the pain of Noomi's character. There is a sub-plot of tension between the couple which is not explored enough. It does land the final ending but if that does not connect with you, you will probably not like this.

B

Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:37 am
Forum General

Post Re: The Secrets We Keep
I was really enjoying the first two acts of this, but it got way too predictable towards the end IMO. The performances from Noomi Rapace, Joel Kinnaman and Chris Messina are all fairly solid though, but there characters felt super underdeveloped to me, especially Kinnaman who you know will turn out being the bad guy. It's an engaging, well made thriller for the most part, but I already know I'll forget about it in a week.

C+

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]