Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Devil to Pay 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Devil to Pay 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Devil to Pay
Quote:
After the disappearance of her husband, a struggling farmer in an isolated Appalachian community fights to save her son when the cold-hearted matriarch of the oldest family on the mountain demands payment of a debt that could destroy a decade's old truce.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:37 am
Forum General

Post Re: The Devil to Pay
I enjoyed this movie. Danielle Deadwyler is great in this as the lead as well as Catherine Dyer who plays such a cold hearted villain. and while its more of a slow burn I was honestly never bored with it and the tension was pretty consistent throughout. I really loved the isolated, rural Appalachian mountains setting and all the characters just felt like they belonged in this environment. It's not a super gory film, but it's still pretty violent, although I would have liked it to have been gorier. The third act of this film is so satisfying though and that's really all I wanted at the end of the day.

B

Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:04 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Devil to Pay
Another great movie with minimalistic setting that build enough tension to offset the lack of conflict. Everyone does a great job here but specially Danielle Deadwyler as the lead and Catherine Dyer in a short role (I really wish she was more in this). The arc with the son provides the much needed emotional stakes and the final pay off is amazing here.

B+

Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]