Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Scare Me 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Scare Me 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Scare Me
Quote:
Scare Me is an 2020 American horror film, written, directed, and produced by Josh Ruben in his directorial debut. It stars Aya Cash, Ruben, Rebecca Drysdale and Chris Redd.

It had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 24, 2020. It was released on October 1, 2020, by Shudder.

Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:28 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Scare Me
I quite enjoyed this. Aya Cash and Fred Ruben are equally great here and have awesome chemistry throughout. The werewolf story bit was seriously amazing IMO lol, but I unfortunately felt like the movie kind of peaked with that scene, because it was so good. The rest of it is still a lot of fun though, because of the strong performances from the two main leads, but I can also see some being disappointed that they didn't get more horror out of this. It didn't bother me though, because this definitely felt more like a comedy than a horror film even if there are a few creepy moments.

B

Last edited by Dil on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:50 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I found this dull at first but it became more and more engaging with each story and the finale actually rattled the hell out of me. Really solid film with awesome performances from the entire cast. A-

Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:28 am
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

Agreed it starts of slow but then the stories get interesting specially once Aya Cash starts to describe them. The finale brings the much needed twist and tension here specially because the movie had built these characters through their story-telling skill. Its not exactly a horror movie but it got my spine chilling specially towards the finale and while Chris Reed's character was good, his addition didn't add much to the story other than a few laughs.

B

Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]