Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Swerve 

Rate this film:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Swerve 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Swerve
Quote:
Holly seems to have it all: two kids, a nice house, a good job as a teacher, and a husband with his career on the way up. But there are troubling signs that all is not right in her world. The insomnia. The medication for the insomnia. The dreams from the medication for the insomnia. (Are they even dreams?) And then there's the mouse that appears in her home. Upsetting her already delicate balance, it sends her spiraling out of control. Writer/director Dean Kapsalis' feature debut explores a week in the life of a woman on the verge in this haunting meditation on mental illness.

Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:24 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Swerve
This was a really great movie. Azura Skye is amazing in this. The movie successfully introduces the perfect suburban family and then twists it with mental illness arc. It takes so many dark and sinister turns and you always keep guessing if this is real or just in Holly's head. The finale just blew me out because of what happens to the family. The only thing that did not work out as much was the accident subplot which for an insomniac is a great arc.

A-

Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:28 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

For horror/thriller lovers this is a must watch. I am surprised Mike hasn't seen this yet, its exactly the type of movie he would enjoy.

Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:29 pm
Wallflower

Jack Sparrow wrote:
For horror/thriller lovers this is a must watch. I am surprised Mike hasn't seen this yet, its exactly the type of movie he would enjoy.

I had seen the poster on Rotten Tomatoes but hadn't seen a trailer and didn't know anything about it. I'll have to check it out.

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]