Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 #Alive 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

#Alive 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post #Alive
Quote:
#Alive (Korean: #살아있다; RR: #Saraitda) is a 2020 South Korean zombie film directed by Cho Il-hyung, starring Yoo Ah-in and Park Shin-hye. It is based on the 2019 script Alone by Matt Naylor who co-adapted his script with Cho. It is set during a zombie apocalypse, and revolves around a gamer's struggle for survival as he is forced to stay alone at his flat and even confront the zombies trying to break in. The film was released in South Korea on June 24, 2020 and Netflix on September 8, 2020.

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:12 pm
Forum General

Post Re: #Alive
This is actually a better Train to Busan sequel than the one we actually got. I liked Peninsula, but any of the horror, claustrophobia or tension that the first movie had was definitely missing which hurt it a lot, and I was surprised to see so many of those elements in this film and done well. It's no Train to Busan, but damn if I wasn't impressed by this film, especially considering that until yesterday I had never heard about it or seen any trailers for it.

Going into this blind is definitely the best way to experience it and watching the zombie chaos unfold. I really liked the two leads, especially Shin-Hye Park who is just a badass and the action set pieces in this are really well directed. The awesome sound design and score only add to the intensity of the film as well but I don't think the character introduced towards the third act was really needed honestly, because it leads to some of the weaker parts of the film IMO. I mean if you've seen enough of these films you know exactly whats going to happen anyways.

B

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:43 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: #Alive
This was great until the very end, a tense and taut zombie thriller that does not overstay its welcome. This is what Peninsula should have been but oh well I digress.

The two leads do well here and the set pieces are done nicely for what seems to be a low budget film. The ending is a little too rushed and the whole staircase scene did not go well with me but uptil that point this was really nice.

B-

Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]