Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Ravage 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Ravage 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Ravage
Quote:
When a nature photographer explains to the Police how she fought her way out of the Watchatoomy Valley, they dismiss her crazed and violent story as a meth-induced nightmare. But when they discover that she's telling the truth, it's too late.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:05 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Ravage
This was surprisingly great and I specially loved the finale. It starts and escalates quickly and never lets go. The torture could have been a little brutal before and a lot of script manipulation to stage escapes. Would have made a better scene if we could have seen the face at the end or the escape. Other than the abrupt ending its a very well made edge of your seat thriller.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:08 am
Forum General

It's a well made and well paced revenge film, but the third act really let me down honestly. I thought the lead actress was pretty great and very endearing too, but you didn't need those hospital scenes and the violence could have been way more brutal and gory. I also really didn't like that abrupt ending either.

C+

Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:16 pm
Wallflower

Count me in on the ending. I knew to expect an abrupt ending and I was still disappointed. It's not even necessarily abrupt so much as unsatisfying. At least to me. I would have liked the movie to be longer. Still liked it a lot though. It's well-shot and the lead actress is great.

I give it a solid B. Tempted to go B+ but the ending drags it down a little.

On a side note it was kind of refreshing not to have to
Spoiler: show
see the rape
. I get why movies do that. Makes you root for the victim to get revenge even more. But I was dreading that part and was thankful it was off screen.

Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]