Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
Quote:
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad is a 1949 American animated package film produced by Walt Disney Productions and released by RKO Radio Pictures. The film consists of two segments—the first of which is based on the 1908 children's novel The Wind in the Willows by British author Kenneth Grahame, and the second is based on the 1820 short story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow", called Ichabod Crane in the film, by American author Washington Irving.

The film is the 11th Disney animated feature film, and the last of the studio's package film era of the 1940s, following Saludos Amigos, The Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music, Fun and Fancy Free, and Melody Time, until The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in March 1977.

Beginning in 1955, the two portions of the film were separated, and televised as part of the Disneyland television series. They were later marketed and sold separately on home video.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:58 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
I watched this for the first time last year and was pretty shocked at how it doesn't mirror the classic Mr Toad's Wild Road lol had no idea it was nothing like the ride

Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:37 pm
The Kramer

This was fine. Not among their tier 1 or even tiers 2 and 3, but I would much rather have had feature length versions of these two than everything else they put it out in the mid to late 40s (with the exception of Bongo the Bear.)

B-/C+

Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:51 pm
Hold the door!

This was wonderful! Especially Wind in the Willows was charming. If these were full length they could be classics. As they stand they’re easily the best. package film.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:44 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I would love if Disney did like a CGI update of like a few smaller films and release them like an anthology, Used to love watching this on Disney Channel back in the 90s Halloween block (When you had to pay for Disney channel)

It use to be this, Mr. Boogedy, Halloween that almost wasn't, old school Haunted Mansion. I think maybe Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Obviously they didn't play Mr. Toad with it, but still great block

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]