Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 La llorona 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

La llorona 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post La llorona
Quote:
La Llorona, also known as The Weeping Woman, is a 2019 Guatemalan drama film directed by Jayro Bustamante. It was screened in the Contemporary World Cinema section at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:33 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: La llorona
I wasn't impressed even though it has ingredients of being great and mixes revenge tale with inner demons very well, there aren't enough good scares. As much as I like calling spirits angle it wasn't effective in the final scare. With multiple stories running around there is lack of focus to LA Llorona's arc. Very impressed by the director and his ability to create a spooky atmosphere in the most generic settings.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:39 pm
Forum General

Post Re: La llorona
It's really slow like almost painfully slow and the horror is very minimal, but I appreciated this director taking a somewhat different take on the La llorana mythology. It was refreshing IMO and even with only handful of scares I still thought it was much better than that crappy, cheap jumpscare filled movie that we got last year. I actually became somewhat invested in the political drama aspect as well as the family dysfunction and I even enjoyed how creepy and subtle the finale was which I still found to be pretty effective for what it was, although it definitely could have used more effective scares.

B-

Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]