Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Black Water : Abyss 

Rate this film:
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Black Water : Abyss 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Black Water : Abyss
Quote:
Adventure-loving couple Eric and Jennifer convince their friends, Yolanda and Viktor, to explore a remote, uncharted cave system in the forests of Northern Australia. With a tropical storm approaching, they abseil into the mouth of the cave, knowing they'll be safe underground. But when the caves start to flood, tensions rise as oxygen levels fall and the group find themselves lost, disoriented, and trapped. Little do they know, the dank air and rising water are the least of their worries. They discover the storm has brought in a pack of apex predators -- dangerous and hungry crocodiles. As danger mounts, long-kept secrets emerge and the friends turn on each other in a frantic fight for survival.

Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:40 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Black Water : Abyss
A decent enough follow up to a pretty solid killer croc flick from 2007 that more people should definitely check out if they get the chance. The characters aren't too unlikable or annoying and the underwater cave sequences were actually quite suspenseful and tense at times. The biggest drawbacks I can think of are the shoddy CGI effects at times with the croc that you thankfully don't see too much of and there are a lot of contrived plot conveniences that just seemed to happen out of nowhere, but nothing too bad or distracting to make you roll your eyes or anything. I also think the final action sequence felt a little tacked on and bit unnecessary, but I still kind of enjoyed it for the tension.

C+

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:07 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Agreed the cave scenes were tense abd I give credit to the cast for that. The Croc action was very little which took me out of the movie. You can easily spot a lot of script manipulation and the finale was completely unnecessary. Its still a quick and decent is cliched Croc movie but nothing that you'll recommend.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:43 pm
Wallflower

The first was very good but this was so hard to pay attention to. I just did not care what was going on.

5/10 (C-)

Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:26 am
The Kramer

This was dope. They really make the most of their micro budget and deliver a very intense underground chomp fest. Would I have preferred to see more croc? Sure, but the way they did the kills was pretty terrifying as is. Focusing on the one girl's face as she listens to her friend's flesh being torn and bones being crushed was brutal. The water itself was a source of massive anxiety even when the croc was elsewhere. Remind alot of The Descent.

A-

Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]