Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Belzebuth 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Belzebuth 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Belzebuth
Quote:
After losing his family in an extremely tragic way, Detective Ritter must investigate a massacre at a school perpetrated by a student. What seemed like a pretty clear case becomes much more dense when a priest of the Vatican appears with another point of view.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:34 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Belzebuth
A pretty decent supernatural horror flick. I was engaged with it for the most part, but it did not need to be almost 2 hours long IMO, because it definitely has pacing problems. It actually reminded me a lot of a similar film that I need to re-watch called Deliver Us From Evil, but instead of New York City it takes place in Mexico. The acting is fairly solid too and its well made with some pretty creepy and effective moments here and there. Tobin Bell is pretty great in it and it was interesting seeing Joaquin Cosio as the lead and playing a good guy role for once since I have only seen him play villains in his past films.

C+

Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:50 pm
Post Re: Belzebuth
This felt like a faith-based horror movie for people who want something scary/violent yet can't stray too far from the glory of Jesus before withdrawals kick in. I know this is hardly the first horror movie based in the righteousness of Christianity, but if the *only* storyline is about saving the reborn messiah for the salvation of mankind with characters who have no purpose/dimension beyond soldier for Christ then it's just a faith-based picture for the initiated.

https://horrorbuzz.com/2020/07/02/belze ... ror-movie/

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]