Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Valley Girl (2020) 

Rate this film:
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Valley Girl (2020) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Valley Girl (2020)
Quote:
Valley Girl is a 2020 American jukebox musical romantic comedy film, directed by Rachel Lee Goldenberg and written by Amy Talkington from a story by Wayne Crawford and Andrew Lane. It is a remake of the 1983 film Valley Girl and it stars Jessica Rothe, Josh Whitehouse, Mae Whitman and Judy Greer. The film follows Julie Richman, a Valley girl, who falls in love with Randy, a rebellious teenager.

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer first announced a musical remake in February 2012, but it was halted until November 2016 when Rachel Lee Goldenberg joined the project as director. Casting announcements were made throughout 2017 and principal photography commenced in May 2017 and took place in Los Angeles. Following the completion of filming, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer announced an June 2018 release, but that was then changed following controversies surrounding Logan Paul, who plays Mickey in the movie.

Originally planned as a theatrical release, the film was released on video on demand on May 8, 2020 by United Artists Releasing due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States. It received mixed reviews from critics who praised the songs and the film's fun tone, but many critics deemed it to be inferior to the original film.

Sat May 09, 2020 3:59 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Valley Girl (2020)
This was so much fun! It's the infectious, sun-kissed '80s jukebox teen musical comedy you never knew you needed and pretty much the perfect summer movie. By the end I was grinning ear to ear. Jessica Rothe is such a superstar in the making, I'm getting to the point where I'll see pretty much anything she is in. The supporting cast is also quite stacked with memorable turns from Mae Whitman, Alicia Silverstone, Rob Huebel and Judy Greer amongst others. A total delight.

Sat May 09, 2020 11:06 am
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

I haven't watched the original but I didn't feel connected to the main story specially the walk-through-ending by Silvestone for the love story. It moves at a great pace thanks to the songs it never feels boring. The songs are great and have this amazing energy to them thanks to the cast. Jessica Roth and Josh Whitehouse are both great in here. Alicia Silverstone was decent but the "present" story is just left hanging here.

B-

Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:33 pm
Wallflower

I enjoyed this. The big reason it works is Jessica Rothe. She's delightful as usual.

B

Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]