Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Zombieland: Double Tap 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Zombieland: Double Tap 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Zombieland: Double Tap

Quote:
Zombieland: Double Tap is a 2019 American zombie comedy film directed by Ruben Fleischer and written by Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, and David Callaham. A sequel to Zombieland (2009), it stars Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Abigail Breslin, and Emma Stone reprising their roles from the first film, alongside new cast members Rosario Dawson, Zoey Deutch, and Luke Wilson.

Zombieland: Double Tap was released in the United States on October 18, 2019, by Sony Pictures Releasing under its Columbia Pictures label.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:03 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Zombieland: Double Tap
This was actually pretty fun. Guess it's cause I walked in expecting utter shit. And I loved how Zoey Deutch managed to make someone who could've been insufferable still likable somehow.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:05 am
On autopilot for the summer

Kind of a letdown. Pacing and story is just weak, and Harrelson unfortunately is kind of pushed more to the side. And I don't know, the finale pales horribly in comparison and the gore isn't that fun outside of a few scenes. Deutch and Dawson were nice additions. Don't expect much and you'll be fine. B-

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:25 pm
Forum General

I thought this was pretty great, actually. I only saw the original once in theaters and watched it again the day I saw this and thought it was just as fun. The gore was more amped up this time and the cast just gels together so well. Incredibly funny too and super fast paced.

A-

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
The Kramer

This was motherfucking hilarious. Zoey Dutch is a star. PE is right, this character should have been the worst, and that's how everybody else in the movie treats her, but everything she said and did made me laugh. And not just in a "oh look it's a dumb blonde" type of way, she plays it so sincerely and actually does step up in big moments, she really is, like, totally good at surviving. The rest of the movie was also fun, trying too hard at times but at other times trying just the perfect amount - the zombie kill of the year was delightful. Luke Wilson and Silicon Valley were also hilarious as the dopplegangers. The story structure is pretty similar to the first and I could have used an ending that did not involve Little Rock's dream home being overrun by zombies again. It's all good though, the total package works out.

Reminded me of Kingsman: The Golden Circle. It's probably not a "better" movie than the original, but it is more fun, more chaotic, and therefore I had a better time in the theater.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:18 pm
100% That Bitch

Bitch this slayed.
A

I had such an amazing time at the theater. And my theater actually EXPLODED At the Bill Murray scenes.

He fucking killed it

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:11 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I know. Seriously a zombieland prequel with Bill Murray, would be epic. It would be the most randomly ridiculous film ever made. The guy never even has a cell phone.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:46 am
Forum General

Not as good as the first, but I did still enjoy this quite a bit. Zoey Deutch is hot and funny as fuck and I also really liked Dawson's role in this. The chemistry between Harrelson, Eisenberg, Stone and Breslin was still on point too even though not all the jokes landed as hard as they could have IMO. The finale was pretty weak compared to the first movie though, but my lawd did the Bill Murray stuff have me fucking rolling at the end lol.

B

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:20 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Really not much different than the original, but it was a joy to watch and Zoey was so utterly terrific.

B+

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]