Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Kid 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Kid 
Keeping it Light

Post The Kid

Quote:
The Kid is a 2019 American semi-biographical western action film directed by Vincent D'Onofrio, from a screenplay by Andrew Lanham, and is executive produced by Carl Stubner, through Suretone Pictures. The film stars Ethan Hawke, Dane DeHaan, Jake Schur, Leila George, Chris Pratt, Adam Baldwin, and D'Onofrio, and centers around a young boy named Rio Cutler who forms an unlikely alliance with local sheriff Pat Garrett and infamous outlaw Billy the Kid in a mission to rescue his sister Sara from Grant Cutler, the boy’s thuggish uncle and gang leader who has kidnapped Sara for ransom.

Sun May 26, 2019 3:59 am
Forum General

Post Re: The Kid
A pretty decent Western. D'Onofrio does a more than competent job with the directing, but Ethan Hawke and Dane DeHaan are easily the best parts IMO, and I didn't like how the movie focused so much on the kid and his sister along with evil, uncle Chris Pratt. I will even admit that as the villain Chris Pratt is actually somewhat imposing here with his presence, although once you hear him start talking in his usual Chris Pratt voice it took away a lot of the menace out of his character, but still I was a little surprised by how much I thought it worked overall.

C+

Tue May 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]