Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Transformers: The Movie 

Grade?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Transformers: The Movie 
now we know

Post The Transformers: The Movie

Quote:
The Transformers: The Movie is a 1986 animated science fiction action adventure film based on the animated television series by the same name, which in turn is based on the toyline of the same name created by Hasbro. It was released in North America on August 8, 1986, and in the United Kingdom on December 12, 1986. The film was co-produced and directed by Nelson Shin, who also produced the original Transformers television series. The screenplay was written by Ron Friedman, who would create The Bionic Six a year later. The movie features the voices of Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Casey Kasem, Robert Stack, Lionel Stander, John Moschitta, Jr., Peter Cullen and Frank Welker. It also marked the final roles for both Orson Welles, who died the year before its release, and Scatman Crothers, who died months after its release. The film's story takes place in 2005, 20 years after the events of the TV series' second season, and serves to bridge into the third season.

After the death of Optimus Prime during a devastating assault on Autobot City, the remaining Autobots are pursued by Galvatron, the regenerated form of Megatron and servant of Unicron, a planet-devouring Transformer who sets out to consume Cybertron. The film is set to a soundtrack of synth-based incidental music composed by Vince DiCola and hard-driving metal music performed by various groups. The film features several grand battles in which multiple characters meet their end, usually in a somewhat brutal fashion. This has led the film to be considered a very dark film for its target audience.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:42 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: The Transformers: The Movie
The Autobots go through hell in this film. It's brutal stuff for an animated movie from the 80s. They even say "shit" at one point. Eric Idle voices one of the Autobots, a crazy TV-replicating Asian-looking Autobot, and it's a bit much for me. It goes too weird. Vince DiCola's score is more-or-less a copy of his Rocky IV tunes, but I cannot say the soundtrack didn't fit the film. It's just too long for my liking. At 60 minutes, it would've been much more digestible. But it is an interesting watch mostly because I don't think I've ever seen anything of the animated series before so it answers a lot of questions I had on the tone and style of the live-action movies when I first saw them. I have a soft spot for the live-action movies. I love the whole Megatron/Galvatron thing and the rivalry with Optimus Prime.

Sat May 18, 2019 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]