Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 London Fields 

Grade?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

London Fields 
now we know

Post London Fields

Quote:
London Fields is a 2018 mystery thriller film directed by Mathew Cullen with a screenplay by Roberta Hanley and Martin Amis, based on the 1989 novel of the same name by Amis. The film stars Billy Bob Thornton as Samson Young, a terminally ill writer who has suffered from writer's block for 20 years. The cast also includes Amber Heard, Jim Sturgess, Theo James, Cara Delevingne and Jaimie Alexander.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: London Fields
I guessed early on that BBT was her killer, but I did not get why he killed her. I was somewhat involved up until the halfway mark but it lost me. Jim Sturgess is so damn annoying trying to be a British lout. It is too exaggerated and weird. And the lead, Amber Heard, has the body of a pinup but the likability of a gym rat. Plus she's outshone in the beauty department by Jaimie Alexander who has about 30 seconds of screen time. The music and score is one of those engrossing soundtracks where the film is lame but the CD sits proudly in your collection. The tone of the film was alright. There are some wacky bits (such as the televised darts match) but it is set in a future London on the verge of rebellion or destruction or something.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: London Fields
I saw it in the theater. Jim Sturgess is Razzie-worthy. Heard is hot though and the only watchable thing about it. It's pretty damn bad.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]