Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Never Grow Old 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Never Grow Old 
Keeping it Light

Post Never Grow Old

Quote:
Never Grow Old is an 2019 American-Irish-French action western thriller film, written and directed by Ivan Kavanagh. It stars Emile Hirsch, Deborah Francois, John Cusack, Danny Webb, Tim Ahern and Sam Louwyck.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:41 am
Forum General

Post Re: Never Grow Old
It's handsomely shot and I enjoyed how gory it got it at points, but unfortunately for the most part I thought this was kind of a misfire honestly. The performances aren't bad, although the actress who played the wife was very hit and miss for me, but its just kind of dull for the most part. There is also a lot of strange stuff in this movie regarding certain side characters that didn't work for me at all like the stuff with the Christian church members of the town and one of John Cusack's henchmen. Speaking of Cusack as much as I like him he wasn't that effective here as the main villain IMO. Now, I don't know if it has more to do with him either being miscast or the material just not being all that strong to begin with, but I just didn't find him all that menacing. I also have to say the same about Emile Hirsch who I have also liked in a lot of stuff in the past, but I just didn't think he fit his character at all, and what a strange decision to give him a thick Irish accent.

C-

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]