Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 

Grade?
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 
now we know

Post How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Quote:
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World is a 2019 American computer-animated action fantasy film loosely based on the book series of the same name by Cressida Cowell, produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures. It is the sequel to How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014) and the final installment in the How to Train Your Dragon film trilogy. Written and directed by Dean DeBlois, the film stars the voices of Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, Cate Blanchett, Craig Ferguson, and F. Murray Abraham. The film's plot follows Hiccup as he seeks a dragon utopia called "The Hidden World" while coming to terms with Toothless's new bond with a female Fury.

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World was released on January 3, 2019 in Australia, and on February 22, 2019 in the United States.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:22 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
It was mildly diverting, I guess. I hadn't seen the previous two so I struggled to care. But as a stand-alone experience, it was so-so. There are a lot of very dark scenes, and with the 3D glasses it makes it even worse. It was sleep-inducing, which my son couldn't withstand. And it's not a funny movie either. Nobody laughed at anything, and there were only a handful of things that could be laughed at. The animation is acceptable, I guess. I don't know, nothing about the film was special enough to comment on. They even failed to capitalise on the villain's evil appearance as he was defeated with ease.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:35 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Hidden World has exciting action and fun animal jokes throughout, and it would have been a fine sequel just based on that. The last 15-20 minutes, from the moment Hiccup lets go for Toothless, are really emotional and one of the best conclusions to a saga I've seen.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:42 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

It takes time to get to the point but once it does it does it REALLY well. The final scenes still made me cry and the conclusion to the story is so good. I love how they time jump in every movie really helps to see the characters grow.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]