Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Blindspotting 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Blindspotting 
Keeping it Light

Post Blindspotting

Quote:
Blindspotting is a 2018 American comedy-drama film written, produced by and starring Daveed Diggs and Rafael Casal.Carlos López Estrada directs while Janina Gavankar, Jasmine Cephas Jones, Ethan Embry, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Utkarsh Ambudkar, and Wayne Knight also star. The plot follows a parolee with three days left on his sentence, only to have him witness a police shooting that threatens to ruin a lifelong friendship.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:28 am
Forum General

Post Re: Blindspotting
Very solid film with really solid performances from the two leads Daveed Diggs and Rafael Casal who I have never seen in anything else before, but am now looking forward to their work in the future. Based on the trailer which didn't impress me at all I was honestly expecting this to be a tonal mess, but surprisingly the dark comedy elements and the more serious dramatic elements actually meshed pretty damn well IMO. I would even say it worked better here than in something like BlacKkKlansman which I did enjoy, but I think this movie leaves more of a lasting impression.

B+

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:05 pm
The Kramer

This movie reminded of Dave Chappelle's intro into his famous Lil Jon sketches. Blindspotting is a film where a bunch of things are about to happen but then nothing ever does. Good performances by Thomas Jefferson and Crazy White Guy, but I can't help but feel like I wasted my time with this one.

C

Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:39 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I remember watching this during awards season and liking it but don't remember much about it now. I even recommended it to a few friends. I believe I gave it a B/B+ rating back then.

Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]