Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Mid90s 

Rate this film:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Mid90s 
Keeping it Light

Post Mid90s

Quote:
Mid90s is a 2018 American coming-of-age comedy-drama film written and directed by Jonah Hill, in his feature directorial debut. It stars Sunny Suljic, Lucas Hedges and Katherine Waterston.

It had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 9, 2018 and is scheduled to be released in the United States on October 19, 2018, by A24.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:48 am
Forum General

Post Re: Mid90s
I absolutely loved this. Granted, I already have a soft spot for coming of age films, especially ones set in the 80's and 90's and not only is the 90's a personal favorite time period of mine, but IMO it is still one of the most interesting decades ever in terms of music, movies and television and I'm glad I got a little of all of that in this movie. This just felt really authentic and realistic for the most part whether its the stuff with the main kid dealing with his dysfunctional family or the scenes with the friends. It's basically a less mean spirited and depressing version of Kids which is a film that I also enjoy, but it's a damn hard movie to watch. Don't get me wrong there is some pretty dark/disturbing stuff in this too, but it has a lot of heart as well to help balance that stuff out. Jonah Hill did a fantastic job directing this and I'm looking forward to seeing him direct more films.

A

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]