Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Death of Superman 

Rate this film:
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

The Death of Superman 
Keeping it Light

Post The Death of Superman

Quote:
The Death of Superman is an animated superhero film produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment. It is based on the DC comic book storyline of the same name. The film, which chronicles the battle between Superman (Jerry O'Connell) and Doomsday, is the 32nd installment in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies and the 11th film in the DC Animated Movie Universe. The Death of Superman was released on July 24, 2018. A sequel, Reign of the Supermen, will be released in 2019.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:53 pm
now we know

So this was pretty good. It's basically redoing the Doomsday battle from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but in animated form and with all of the Justice League around, not just Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, but Green Lantern, Hawkman, Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman. The odd thing is Superman already battled Doomsday in the animated Superman: Doomsday (which is great, by the way), so this, while also pretty good (and honestly an animated JL is the only way a JL can work, in my opinion), it feels like treading familiar ground. But I still recommend it.

The Death of Superman is pretty hardcore for an animated movie. There is blood. There are expletives. The Justice League is not all-powerful. The score is an interesting one. It sort of sounds like it copies Marvel's The Avengers then it goes another way with it.

B+

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:00 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: The Death of Superman
Yeah this is a really solid DC animated film. Doomsday in this was no joke and I liked how they pushed the envelope with the carnage. For a PG-13 flick it's pretty damn violent and there are some seriously dark moments too. Loved the action sequences in the second half as well and I honestly wasn't expecting it to be as emotionally effective as it was.

B+

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]