Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Runner 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Runner 
Keeping it Light

Post The Runner

Quote:
The Runner is a 2015 American political drama film written and directed by Austin Stark at his directorial debut. The film stars Nicolas Cage, Connie Nielsen, Peter Fonda and Sarah Paulson.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 am
now we know

I thought this was half-decent. I believe I might actually be liking Nicolas Cage [films] again. After some bad choices (Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and Season of the Witch) and then the 2014 quadruplet of complete shit (Tokarev, Outcast, Left Behind, and Dying of the Light), I believe he is actually making good decisions again.

The Runner is an interesting political drama. I thought it was going to be some boring film about the BP oil disaster, but while that is in the background, it's actually about the congressman/former-congressman of Louisiana. His morals, his marriage, his relationship to the locals, etc. And I appreciated its simplified approach. Its music is strong, and it is paced well. At first I thought perhaps a little too quick, but it gets better as the film moves on. I think its 90-minute run-time is actually spot-on. And I was surprised to see Connie Nielsen in it too.

B-

Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]