Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Death Race 2050 

Rate This Film
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Death Race 2050 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Death Race 2050

Quote:
Death Race 2050 is a 2017 political satire action film directed by G.J. Echternkamp, and starring Manu Bennett, Marci Miller and Malcolm McDowell. It is a sequel to the 1975 film Death Race 2000. Both films were produced by Roger Corman, who described the film as "a car-racing picture with some black humor."

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:02 pm
now we know

Post Re: Death Race 2050
Awesome. Wasn't aware of this. I'll try and see it. I do like Manu Bennett.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

The last Death Race film doesn't feel it ever attempted to make a good film and it also really isn't. It tries to get an edge with some parody on Trump, but it just feels half hearted. I didn't see the original Death Race 2000, but this seems to be somewhat of a modernized remake of that with events taking place in 2050 and with probably better effects. But we can hardly talk about effects here, a lot of it is very obviously cheaply computer digitized. Most of the detail in the film probably went to costume design, which looks alright. The cars itself are most reminiscent of the original what I could see from stills of that film. Oh, and then the acting, well it's just a bunch of no-names in my book that just suits the film in general. It's pretty much just a cheap basket of ridiculousness. Now I'm not grading this as terrible, but there's some humor in how they went ahead with putting all of this together. When it doesn't take itself seriously at all, it's nearly passable to watch, but from a creative standpoint this could have done better too. Because of it's self-awareness I'm giving the films' lack of qualities somewhat of a pass, but this Death Race film, just like Death Race 3: Inferno is one we could have totally done without.

D

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:58 am
Keeping it Light

Algren wrote:
Awesome. Wasn't aware of this. I'll try and see it. I do like Manu Bennett.

Manu Bennett whom I haven't heard before is OK in this, but really every actor is not given much to work with. These are very much card-board characters and everyone overacts.

What somewhat drew me to this film as well was it's 100% RT score, out of 7 reviews I think. They seem to praise it for it's satirical elements.
Anyway, I'd be curious to hear your opinion if you decide to see it.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:36 am
now we know

This might be an interesting example of not getting it. MIGHT BE. The things you dislike about it might be intentional in order to replicate the original's amateurish vibe. I will give this a go and see if my hunch is right. I mean, it has a 100% RT score for a reason.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]