Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Krisha 

Rate This Film
A 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Krisha 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Krisha

Quote:
Krisha is a 2015 American drama film written and directed by Trey Edward Shults in his major directorial debut, and produced by J.P. Castel and Jonathan R. Chan, and is the feature-length adaption of the 2014 short film Krisha also directed by Shults. The film stars Krisha Fairchild, Robyn Fairchild and Bill Wise.

It received the Grand Jury Award and Audience Award in the narrative feature competition at the 2015 South by Southwest Film Festival.[2] It has been selected to compete in the International Critics' Week section at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival.[3] The film was released in a limited release on March 18, 2016, by A24.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:48 am
Indiana Jones IV

Post Re: Krisha
I almost don't want to say anything about this movie, except that it should be seen.

I found it incredibly unique and worth a watch for its directorial style, organic performances, and the wrenching familial drama. It's not the best damn thing ever, but it's good, and I struggle to find anything to compare it to. I knew from the first scene that the movie was not what I expected to be, and was basically entranced. The editing and score deserve special mention. What a weird, uncomfortable movie. See it! It's currently included on amazon prime.

A-

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:41 pm
The Wall

Post Re: Krisha
****1/2 / ***** (A-)

An amazing movie. It's doesn't break any new ground story wise, but it features really strong acting and really impressive direction by Trey Edward Shults. The way the ending is edited is especially great as you're not really sure if you're watching a linear story or cuts of different timelines. You can actually interpret the ending in more than one way (and it's not that it's left open ended, it's a pretty closed ending no matter how you decide to put together the final scenes).

Small movie with some big accomplishments.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]