Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Yoga Hosers 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Yoga Hosers 
Pure Phase

Post Yoga Hosers

Quote:
Yoga Hosers is a 2016 American horror comedy film written and directed by Kevin Smith. The film is a spin-off of Smith's 2014 horror film Tusk. The film stars Johnny Depp alongside his daughter Lily-Rose Depp and Smith's daughter Harley Quinn Smith. The film is the second in Smith's True North trilogy and had its world premiere on January 24, 2016, at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:52 pm
Superman: The Movie

Post Re: Yoga Hosers
Yeah, I wrote an initial review explaining how I initially didn't hate because it has a certain charm, yet I couldn't describe one aspect of the film that was good, so how far could charm really carry a film? The answer is not far.

The film takes about 45 minutes to resemble anything having to do with a plot and even then it really never comes together (why does Guy LaPointe come to visit the girls in the first place?).

While I had a smile on my face at some points and even laughed a couple of times, the movie is never consistently funny. It's mostly lazy.

The girls are clearly friends in real life, but they're non-entities here. Smith's daughter is the only one who comes close to seeming like a real person and even then she's kind of played as an idiot. Thanks dad!

One question that I have to re-write though: how much weed does Kevin Skith smoke on a daily basis to truly believe he has made a movie for kids/teenage girls? Canada jokes, clerks, yoga, Styx, Nazis, Satanists, Al Pacino/Ed Wynn impersonations. Are any of those things appealing to teenage girls? No, it's clear as day this was written by a 45 year old stoner who can't get out of his own way right now.

It's better than Tusk though!

D+

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]