Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Batman: The Killing Joke 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Batman: The Killing Joke 
Pure Phase

Post Batman: The Killing Joke

Quote:
Batman: The Killing Joke is a 2016 American animated superhero film produced by Warner Bros. Animation and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. Featuring the DC Comics character Batman, the film is the twenty-sixth film in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies series and an adaptation of the graphic novel of the same name by Alan Moore and Brian Bolland. The film is directed by Sam Liu, written by Brian Azzarello and stars the voices of Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, Tara Strong and Ray Wise.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:11 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Batman: The Killing Joke
This had the atmosphere right and animation was great as most DC animation movies do but something was off. I just couldn't relate to Batman and Joker's characters as they want us to do specially the ending. The arc with Batgirl and Batman fighting wasn't entirely explored even though it is one of the selling points. The voice cast is perfect as expected and action scenes are brilliantly shot.

5/10

Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:37 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Batman: The Killing Joke
Your probably better off skipping the first 30 minutes. Top notch voice work from Hamill/Conroy and I really liked the animation, but this could have been so much better. The atmosphere is perfect and the action sequences are well done, but the lackluster first half and the weird abrupt ending make this a barely passable film.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:52 pm
now we know

Enjoyable feature-length cartoon, with animation just like the animated TV series. With nostalgia running high, there was no way I was going to dislike this, and it did not disappoint. The ending was a bit of an anti-climax; a weird, abrupt let-bygones-be-bygones closing scene between Batman and The Joker, with the sharing of an unfunny joke. But everything else was great! And I cannot believe how unbelievably talented Mark Hamill is when voicing The Joker. Fantastic performance. In The Killing Joke, the boundaries of decency are shifted slightly, allowing for Batman to have a sex, Batgirl to be hospitalised, and for the implication that Batgirl was perhaps raped (it was fantastically menacing when The Joker starts to unbutton her blouse). I look forward to more Batman graphic novel animated-adaptations.

B+

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]