Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Life on the Line 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Life on the Line 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Life on the Line
Life on the Line

Quote:
A crew of men who do the high-wire work of fixing the electrical grid are hit by a sudden deadly storm.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Life on the Line
Life on the Line is everything what a typical Lifetime movie is like. It's hard to like for it's low budget, and some bad acting but on the other hand this film is well directed and a nice cast as well. Travolta of course shines, but Bosworth and Sawa hand in some very good performances as well. The script is definitely nothing to write home about, but the film has a great setting of a small Texas town that makes it a very charming watch.
There's some awful cgi in it, like a fake-burning log, but they only made use of that on a few instances. The real-time nature, landscape and town shots often look gorgeous in contrast though.
All in all it's a small time drama that turned in to a very pleasurable watch for me. It's sometimes bad, but overall I regard it a solid product overall.
It's especially Travolta, just as he has shown in other recent films, who can just lift any film to a higher level, and does so here as well.

B

Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:34 am
now we know

It is always nice to see Travolta (playing an ex-Hells Angel turned lineman here, which was a nice change) but this film is 90s TV movie level through and through. Most of it is eye-roll inducing and/or cringe worthy. They really hammer home how dangerous being a lineman is, and they mention "lineman" hundreds of times - every conversation is about it! And Sharon Stone's character. What the hell. Such a waste. This movie had one purpose, and they literally did not focus on anything else.

D+

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Glad you watched it. Sure it's production value isn't high and I can see where you're coming from with your review. For me though, I still like this sum up:
stuffp wrote:
a very charming watch.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:02 pm
now we know

I love how they tried to say Travolta was this "one punch monster", but it is badly executed. He knocks a lard ass out in the parking lot, but later we see him with a vest and his arms are small and flabby.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:02 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]