Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Risen 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Risen 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Risen
Risen

Quote:
Risen is an upcoming American epic historical drama film directed by Kevin Reynolds and written by Reynolds and Paul Aiello. The film stars Joseph Fiennes, Tom Felton, Peter Firth, and Cliff Curtis. Columbia Pictures will release the film on February 19, 2016. The film is rated G.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: Risen
One reviewer referred to Risen as: CSI: Jerusalem, and I'd say that was a fair (and clever) description of this movie. Joseph Fiennes is great in the lead, he's got the perfect look for a Roman Tribune. My problem with the movie is that it wasn't balanced the way I would have liked it to have been. I would have liked more time upfront establishing the Tribune character and what his motivations were for questioning his faith in Mars and the empire. As it stands, the movie rushed too quickly into becoming too overtly religious. I'm sure that was a smart financial move for the Easter audience, but for someone like me who enjoyed the excellent detail of Roman colony life (baths, shield battle, etc) and the pure detective story, the good stuff ended all too soon. *B*

Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:52 am
Hold the door!

This was sort of boring, but the actors were good and the sets were nice. Still not the great biblical epic the world needs. Much better than Noah, anyway.

C

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:04 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I saw this a few months back and compared to other religious movies this was decent. Fiennes keeps your focus throughout with good acting. The conversion here also doesn't seem organic because we are not shown why the Tribune didn't have faith in the first place or how far was he lost(?). The sets seem very cheap but that was kinda expected.

4/10

Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]