Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Final Girls 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Final Girls 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post The Final Girls
The Final Girls

Quote:
The Final Girls is a 2015 American horror slasher comedy film, directed by Todd Strauss-Schulson and written by M.A. Fortin and Joshua John Miller. The film stars Taissa Farmiga and Malin Ã…kerman in the two leading roles, with supporting performances from Adam DeVine, Thomas Middleditch, Alia Shawkat, Alexander Ludwig, Nina Dobrev, Chloe Bridges, and Angela Trimbur. The film follows Max a young woman grieving the loss of her mother, a famous scream queen from the 1980s, who finds herself and friends pulled into the world of her mom's most famous movie Camp Bloodbath. Reunited, the group must fight off the film's maniacal killer.

The film had its world premiere on March 13, 2015 at South by Southwest. It then screened at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival on September 19, 2015. It was released in the United States on October 9, 2015 in a limited release and through video on demand by Stage 6 Films and Vertical Entertainment.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: The Final Girls
I LOVED this. Not only one of my favorite comedies of the year but one of my favorite horror movies. Very entertaining and clever and a must for those who have seen their share of 80's slashers. A shame it didn't get a wide release. So fun and it looks great.

9/10 (A-)

Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:20 am
I found it rather ho-hum. As a huge horror fan (and fan of lame 80's slashers) the movie felt rather limp--as if they had this fun idea, built a bare bones "story" around it, and then just started filming. The PG-13 rating should've been a warning, I suppose.

Even many of the actors, most of whom I'm familiar with, felt kind of lost-at-sea. So yeah, overall this was a rather disappointing experience. Cooties was a bit of a dud, too, but that's another thread ;)

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:01 am
Forum General

I thought Cooties was a better film because it worked for me as a horror comedy while this kind of didn't IMO. This is receiving quite a bit of online praise and I can understand why, but maybe it just wasn't for me which is a strange thing to say since I love 80's slasher movies. The PG-13 rating isn't the biggest problem, but it should have been rated R. Other than that though I just didn't find it funny enough or scary enough eventhough it's well written and the cast does a solid job with what they are given. However, the emotional beats were surprisingly strong in this, especially the scenes between Akerman and her daughter.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:59 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

This was great and surprisingly really touching. The mother-daughter scenes between Taissa Farmiga and Malin Akerman were fantastic and I loved their relationship. It's also hilarious and does a great job of sending up genre tropes. A-

Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:15 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

Yes, this movie has a huge heart. Loved the scenes between Taissa and Malin. They were very moving. The opening was great. Honestly their relationship was one of my favorite things about the movie.

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]