Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Chase (1994) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Chase (1994) 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post The Chase (1994)
The Chase (1994)

Quote:
The Chase is a 1994 action comedy film starring Charlie Sheen and Kristy Swanson. Released a few months before the real-life O. J. Simpson chase that also took place in California, the film includes Henry Rollins as a police officer and features cameos from both Anthony Kiedis and Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers and Ron Jeremy. It references Apocalypse Now (after the ending credits) and Convoy, and inspired the song "Charlie Sheen Vs. Henry Rollins" by Alexisonfire.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Re: The Chase (1994)
There's nothing truly astounding about its plot but this movie is a lot of fun. It captures the craziness of the media and car chases I think better than any film that has tried it and the sheer cheesiness of everything works. One of the few works from Charlie Sheen I can say I enjoy.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: The Chase (1994)
Yeah, glad to read your review jmovies. I was just running in a bunch of films, I'd really enjoyed way back, and of which I've found no thread existed here.

I'm a Sheen fan actually, and this is one of the best things he's done I think. Kristy Swanson is also great as the babe who's against him, and then for him instead. The film is just a thrill ride for me, no less than Speed is. Maybe there's less at stake here, but the chemistry between the two leads works really well, and there's plenty of turns to keep me at the edge of my seat. The film definitely didn't get its credit due when it was released, as for me it's one of the better films to come out of 1994. It's an highly enjoyable car chase film, that I haven't yet seen a better of.

A-

Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]