Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Ted 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
C 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
D 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
F 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Ted 2 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Ted 2
Ted 2

Quote:
Ted 2 (stylized as ted 2) is an upcoming American comedy film directed by Seth MacFarlane and written by MacFarlane, Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild. The sequel to MacFarlane's 2012 film Ted, the film stars MacFarlane as the title character, along with Mark Wahlberg and Amanda Seyfried. The film is scheduled to be released on June 26, 2015 by Universal Pictures.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Post Re: Ted 2
Liked it overall, too long at times, also gets a little too serious at times. Seyfried is fantastic. B+

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:10 am
Extraordinary

Yeah, it's too long and most of the court stuff is zZz. I chuckled a bit. I don't really remember the first anymore and I don't think I'll remember this in a year but I enjoyed it for the most part.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:02 am
Forum General

I thought it was pretty lame but the saving grace was Amanda Seyfried. She was absolutely wonderful and shared great chemistry with everyone. It felt less of a movie and more like a bunch of sketches put together with a small plot thrown in, IMO.

C

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
Sbil

Has a decent number of laughs, but it's pretty forgettable and a lot of the "dramatic" materials feels hackneyed and out of place. Not nearly as funny as the first. C+

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:15 pm

Yeah, it's almost like Seth could have made an actually really decent courtroom drama. But instead went the safe route. I think he should try non comedy or at least dark comedy next. There's no denying he has talent, but he needs to hone it in. And I don't think he should be the main character in his movies.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:21 pm
Superman: The Movie

Did the world need another Ted movie? No, but the sequel has more than enough funny to justify its existence.

Could've done without Donny being the villain again though. Speaking of which, I can't believe Hasbro agreed to the role they have in the film.

***½ (B+)

And I hate when movies leave out scenes that were in the previews (and were funny). Where was the car chase?

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I'm surprised to say that I actually liked it, but it is a step down from the original. The first 30 minutes were pretty damn funny(Jay Leno joke was great and Liam Neeson's cameo was amusing), but the second half felt completely stretched out for no reason. It got a few chuckles out of me and it was fun, but this movie tries so hard to have it's cake and eat it too literally. The premise just doesn't work especially when your making a bunch of racial/homophobic jokes at your expense and then were suppose to take this civil rights/courtroom drama seriously. Also, Giovanni Ribisi and John Carroll Lynch were so unnecessary as the villains and the Hasbro plot was horrible. Amanda Seyfried was a nice addition and I enjoyed the interactions she had with Ted and Wahlberg, but at the end of the day she's just another laid back, stoner character who happens to be a lawyer and this movie really needed a straight women character in the vein of Kunis to balance all this crazy shit out. Btw, the use of the JP theme perfect lol!. That was easily the biggest laugh for me in the entire second half of the movie.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:11 pm
The Kramer

It is funny enough. The bit with Trix at the beginning of the movie was hilarious. And it is impossible to not love Amanda Seyfried. She is adorable and her beautiful legs dominate the screen. I seriously think McFarlan is in love with those legs and who can blame him?

The movie drags on and on and on though. I thought it was never going to end. There is enough conflict without Ribisi's character, and his entire plotline is useless. Cutting those twenty minutes or at least filling them with more cutaway jokes would have gone a long way towards making this a decent movie. Donnie can't take the full blame, but that kind of indulgence is why Ted 2 does not work.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:45 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

It wasn't unwatchable, it was just mostly boring with a lot of dumb comedic moments and dramatic arcs that made zero sense. Mark Wahlberg was at his laziest here and Seth MacFarlane came off as ridiculous for most of the running time. The fact that Mila Kunis is written off was lazy and unfortunate. That being said, Amanda Seyfried is the only reason this is worth seeing and is nothing short of an absolute delight trapped in the most unfortunate movie. She needs to be headlining more films. She makes this movie worthwhile. C-

Giovanni Ribisi was truly unbearable here too. I hated his character in the first film as well.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:47 pm
Profile YIM
now we know

I enjoyed this hilarious comedy sequel. It's on-par with Ted, if not better. But it's not without its problems. There is lots of good material in this; big black cocks, marijuana, Tame-Lynn, penis bongs, pop-culture (or lack of by one character in particular), some great courtroom comedy, and an absolutely priceless spoiling of an improv-comedy show.

To counter the very funny banter between Ted and his owner, the ending isn't very good; the Comic-Con is fairly lame and the death bed joke is not only obvious but rather infantile too. Liam Neeson's cameo is strange and unfunny, the Jay Leno cameo also goes by without a laugh, and the whole Tom Brady scene is pointless and overlong for what only exists for one joke. And scenes with Flash Gordon pretty much suck. Amanda Seyfried plays a forgettable junior lawyer, Morgan Freeman plays a forgettable senior lawyer, and Giovanni Ribisi plays a creepy janitor intent on cutting Ted open to find and replicate his magic. Patrick Warburton starts off the film well, but gets tiresome quickly, especially in the final third.

The absence of Mila Kunis was not felt at all, in fact it was probably better with Seyfried (at least she's hotter, though not as hot as the waitress in the roadside diner). Anyway, I enjoyed Ted 2 - it actually made me laugh quite a bit. I would see another Ted movie in a heartbeat.

B

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I enjoyed this for the most part. It's basically just an overload of jokes, most are good, some are a miss. The story of Ted fighting for his person-hood isn't that interesting, but the stuff that goes on around does lend itself to jokes that kept me amused. Seyfried is nice in this, I never noticed her before but I warmed to her on this, she plays a cute and funny character. Wahlberg is pretty much good in whatever he does, and Ted well he's just funny in itself. There's plenty of lame jokes as well, but it's pretty much one after another, so nothing really sticks. The movie also goes on for too long, the Donnie story line was unnecessary. The comic con was nice because I recently was at the Javits Center myself, so the familiarity with the location made it pleasing. Overall you can see Mcfarland has talent, but it's better when it comes in doses then when it has to fill a whole movie. Ted 2 isn't a comedic masterpiece, and neither was Ted but there were plenty of laughs for me. It's a lot better than the pack of comedies I saw earlier this year (Get Hard, HTTM 2, Unfinished Business)

B-

Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:05 am
now we know

Actually I felt that Wahlberg was useless here. And the library montage felt so cheap.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I pretty much like him in everything, although he didn't do Max Payne justice. The library scene I enjoyed, just light and good. I'm not even sure what I didn't like so much about it. It was too long, and the dramatic/ conversational parts just don't work it. The jokes come fast and hard, good most of the time, that's pretty much it.

Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:30 am
now we know

Jokes such as him being allowed to drive for 20 minutes (and the following crash) were where cuts could have been made, in my opinion. As well as the Tom Brady scene, of course. That was a good 3-4 minutes that could have been cut and nothing about the plot would have been changed whatsoever. They could have just filled it with more banter on the couch and I would have been fine with it.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Better than the first Ted, which I did not like. This really got going once Ted was trying to become human. The JP theme over the marijuana field had me in stitches.

B

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:02 pm

This film wasn't the best but Liam need and cameo was easily the funniest thing of the year

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:46 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Probably a C+, maybe a B-. It's not really bad, just really overlong. It had some really funny moments.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:29 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

This was a forgetful movie and while MacFarlane as Ted still stays on course, the part that made the first movie good was the friendship between Ted and John's friendship which felt much less here. Didn't love Ted too much but that had LOL gags in it, this one still has a few of them but not enough and felt very long.

4/10

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:00 pm
now we know

Jack Sparrow wrote:
the friendship between Ted and John's friendship

That blows my mind.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA