Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 We'll Never Have Paris 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

We'll Never Have Paris 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post We'll Never Have Paris
We'll Never Have Paris

Quote:
We'll Never Have Paris is a 2015 American romantic comedy directed by Simon Helberg and Jocelyn Towne. It stars Helberg, Melanie Lynskey, Zachary Quinto, Maggie Grace, Jason Ritter and Alfred Molina. It was released theatrically in the United States on January 22, 2015.

The film is based on the real life engagement of star Simon Helberg to his wife, Jocelyn Towne.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:45 am
Profile WWW
now we know

I enjoyed this. It had its funny moments and was basically just Helberg playing his same character from The Big Bang Theory. With his twitchy mannerisms, his foolhardy outbursts, and veneer of shyness, he was still pretty good even if he'll probably never shake off that character. Zachary Quinto plays a relaxed ex-travelling hippie that doesn't take life seriously and strolls around his flat basically wasting life (you know, to contrast Helberg's bunny-boiler personality), but it was refreshing to see Quinto in a role so devoid of the intensity he gives to everything else. Alfred Molina and Maggie Grace are the other notable names in the cast, but they don't really add much to the affair. They could have been played by anyone. I found this to have rather good lines of dialogue, which to me made it stand out a little more from the usual rom-com fare.

B

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:29 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: We'll Never Have Paris
The marketing has really played up the Paris-ness of this movie, but having seen it I can assure anyone that Paris only makes up a very small part of this film's content. Not even sure (without making up some dialogue myself) why it's called We'll Never Have Paris. The marketing also makes this look like your average Matthew McConaughey rom-com, but it's not in my opinion. It's not more intelligent or more serious or more heartfelt, it's just as light and formulaic but it's just not as flashy, and I suppose that comes down to Helberg, rightly or wrongly.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

Algren wrote:
The marketing has really played up the Paris-ness of this movie, but having seen it I can assure anyone that Paris only makes up a very small part of this film's content. Not even sure (without making up some dialogue myself) why it's called We'll Never Have Paris. The marketing also makes this look like your average Matthew McConaughey rom-com, but it's not in my opinion. It's not more intelligent or more serious or more heartfelt, it's just as light and formulaic but it's just not as flashy, and I suppose that comes down to Helberg, rightly or wrongly.

Casablanca

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Jmart wrote:
Algren wrote:

Casablanca

Ahhhhhhh, right. Yes. Ok, it makes sense now. Thanks.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Forget Paris is also a pun on that.
There's a really funny Seinfeld episode that Courtney Cox plays Jerry's fake wife that plays with it too.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]