Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Hello, My Name is Doris 

What grade would you give this film?
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Hello, My Name is Doris 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Hello, My Name is Doris
Hello, My Name is Doris

Quote:
Hello, My Name Is Doris is an upcoming American comedy-drama film directed and written by Michael Showalter about a woman in her sixties who has a romantic relationship with a younger co-worker. Sally Field stars as title character and Max Greenfield plays her love interest. The supporting cast include Tyne Daly, Natasha Lyonne, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Beth Behrs, Kumail Nanjiani, Rebecca Wisocky and Peter Gallagher. The film is set to premiere at the SXSW Film Festival March, 2015.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Hello, My Name is Doris
I was completely charmed by this movie. It was hilarious and sweet. Sally Field delivers an absolutely tremendous lead performance that, with the right distributor, could definitely land her in the awards conversation this year. This is a role that is perfectly catered to her many talents and gives her more to do than any film has in years. I loved her character and she's very easy to root for despite her many quirks. She's backed by the always charming Max Greenfield, a memorable Tyne Daly and a strong supporting cast of recognizable faces. This is an incredibly strong dramedy in the vein of something Alexander Payne might have made. I hope it finds an audience. A-

Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:32 pm
Profile YIM
Sbil

Sally Field has always had the ability to steal your heart with a particular glance or line delivery, and there might not be any better example of this than Hello, My Name is Doris. This is a sweet, offbeat romcom with a delightful Field at its center. In the hands of an amateur actress, Doris could have been a quirky nightmare, but Field makes her instantly endearing. Max Greenfield is also very good as the object of Doris' affection, as is Tyne Daly. But this is definitely Sally Field's movie and she owns the room. B+

Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:55 pm
Cream of the Crop

Sally Field is adorable in this enjoyable little rom-com. Hard to believe it's been more than 50 years since her Gidget days! *A-*

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:01 am
Wallflower

I really enjoyed it. Field was great. Hopefully she's in the awards conversation come end of the year/early next year.

8/10 (B+)

Sat May 07, 2016 12:10 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

This was a wonderful movie and clearly owned by Sally Field. Its Field's talent at full display, without her the movie would have been most likely a disaster or an intolerable experience. Max Greenfield, Tyne Daly, Beth Behrs (in a very small role) also help elevate this movie. The dream sequences are so random but really the best part of the movie and the acting really help them distinguish to not look like a MILF scene.

The second half and some scenes do feel a little extended, they sometimes allow the sneak of how unusual the subject is (not in a nice way).

7/10

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]