Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Angriest Man in Brooklyn 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Let's Call It A Bromance

Post The Angriest Man in Brooklyn

Quote:
The Angriest Man in Brooklyn is a 2014 comedy-drama film directed by Phil Alden Robinson. The film follows a physician who accidentally tells her obnoxious patient that he has a brain aneurism and has only 90 minutes to live. As the patient races around the city, trying to right his wrongs, the doctor attempts to find him as he tries to find what he must do in the final moments of his life.

It is a remake of the 1997 Israeli film, The 92 Minutes of Mr. Baum, written and directed by Assi Dayan. The film had a limited theatrical and VOD release on May 23, 2014.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:48 am
Profile WWW
now we know

This wasn't bad. It has some absolutely side-splitting scenes. Made me actually belly laugh. The scene with Robin Williams and James Earl Jones (I know, it was great to see him) is hilarious. Robin Williams in general is just great here. The film is a bit sappy, and epiphanies before death is a topic that I don't care much for. The running around the city and saying "I love you" to his son was silly. Oh, and Mila Kunis choosing to date a dwarf is just too weird, even for an addict, whore waster like the one she plays.

B-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: The Angriest Man in Brooklyn
I really enjoyed this. I'm actually really surprised at the overwhelmingly bad reviews it got upon it's release. It was corny and the plot was ridiculous but it was entertaining and Robin Williams, Mila Kunis and Melissa Leo were all great in it.

B

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
New Server, Same X

If I'm ever told I have 90 minutes to live, I hope I can spend them watching this movie... because it will be the longest 90 minutes of my life.

Robin Williams and Mila Kunis are great (Kunis actually surprised me), the supporting cast all hit their marks, and the film is adequately timed at just under 80 minutes, minus credits. But all of the films pros are dogged by an awful screenplay. Everything about the movie is all of the worst plot developments of any story rolled up into one, unsatisfactory film. The ending, which should have moved me considering the tragic loss of the star just a month ago, felt tacked on and completely empty. Everything feels so unnatural. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but this just left me so unhappy. Angry, you might say.

*1/2

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:21 pm
New Server, Same X

Oh and the voiceover narrations were terribly unnecessary. They could have added a few minutes of explanatory scenes to eliminate those narrations. They were lifeless.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:24 pm
Wallflower

This was decent.

6/10 (B-)

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]