Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Baise-Moi 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Baise-Moi 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Baise-Moi
Baise-Moi

Quote:
Baise-moi (Fuck Me) is a 2000 French thriller film written and co-directed by Virginie Despentes and Coralie Trinh Thi and starring Karen Lancaume and Raffaëla Anderson. It is based on the homonymous novel by Despentes, first published in 1999. The film received intense media coverage because of its graphic mix of violence and explicit sex scenes. Consequently, it is sometimes considered an example of the "New French Extremity".

Baiser is a French verb meaning "to fuck"; it also means "a kiss" when used as a noun (un baiser). Baise-moi would be translated as "Fuck me". The film has also been screened in some markets as "Rape me", but this translation, which is not in the French word, was rejected by the directors in a 2002 interview.

In 2000, The Film Censorship Board of Malaysia banned the film outright due to "very high impact violence and sexual content throughout". That same year, the film was later banned in Singapore due to "its depictions of sexual violence may cause controversy in Singapore". In Australia, the film was allowed to be shown at cinemas with an R-18+ (adults only) rating. Then in 2002, the film was pulled from cinemas and television and after that, banned outright. The film is still banned there due to its "harmful, explicit sexually violent content" and remains strictly prohibited, and thus its sale, distribution, exhibition, import, or possession is a criminal offence punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment and a massive fine up to A$275,000. However, an edited R18+ version is to be screened on 23 August 2013 on the World Movies channel of the Australian state broadcaster SBS, as part of the World Movies “Films That Shocked The World” season

Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Baise-Moi
This is a shocking film. But I have to say, I enjoyed when I watched it about 8 years ago. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]