Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Girl Most Likely 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Girl Most Likely 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Girl Most Likely
Girl Most Likely

Quote:
Girl Most Likely is a 2012 American comedy film directed by Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini. Based on a screenplay by Michelle Morgan, the film stars Kristen Wiig as a playwright who stages a suicide in an attempt to win back her ex, only to wind up in the custody of her gambling-addict mother, played by Annette Bening. Matt Dillon, Christopher Fitzgerald, and Darren Criss co-star.

The film was screened under its original title Imogene at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival in September 2012. The same month, Lionsgate bought the US distribution rights following its Toronto premiere and released it with Roadside Attractions on July 19, 2013.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Girl Most Likely
After seeing the movie that is such a weird picture choice for the poster...

I think what really doesn't help the movie is that Imogene is pretty unlikable, which I guess isn't always the best way to say you didn't like a movie but her character was pretty annoying despite Wiig giving it her best, along with the pretty good supporting cast. It's really uneven. I didn't think it was awful, enjoyed a few scenes but as a whole it doesn't work.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:10 am
Extraordinary

GIRL MOST LIKELY

I was actually quite interested in watching this even based on that trailer. After viewing it though I was extremely disappointed. It only lasted a week in the theatre I watch it at too. This felt like a wasted effort from Kristen Wiig. It just wasn't very funny. It's like she filmed this to do a favor for someone. Even Annette Bening was only midly amusing. The best parts were when Wiig and Criss were onscreen together. The guy who played Wiig's problem was over the top. I don't want to see anymore films that have the mentally challenged sibling for quite some time. I'm tired of that element. Overall, this was a waste of time that was scarcely amusing.

Grade - D

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:57 am
Wallflower

I was really looking forward to this and while the film is amusing and harmless I do understand the bad reviews. This really should have been so much better given the talent involved. Kristen Wiig was good though I feel this is kind of beneath her. Probably would have been much better if she'd written the script. Darren Criss is super charming and adorable in it. The movie isn't all that funny, which is odd as I usually find Wiig to be pretty hilarious in everything she does. I mean, I did have a few laughs, but the script is kind of flat and uninspired. I hate to say that. I thought the movie was painless enough and I don't regret seeing it but I did expect more.

C+

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:33 pm
You must have big rats

I thought it was decent enough, mainly because Wiig is pretty damn good in it.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]