Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 V/H/S/2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

V/H/S/2 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post V/H/S/2
V/H/S/2

Quote:
V/H/S/2 (originally titled S-VHS) is a 2013 American anthology horror film. It features a series of found-footage shorts. It is the sequel to the film V/H/S.

The film was rushed into production in late 2012, and premiered January 19, 2013 at Park City's Library Center Theatre as part of the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, much like its predecessor. The sequel involves a largely different group of directors: Jason Eisener, Gareth Evans, Timo Tjahjanto, Eduardo Sánchez and Gregg Hale, and franchise returnees Simon Barrett and Adam Wingard.

The film had a VOD release date set on June 6, as well as a theatrical release date set for July 12.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: V/H/S/2
It's about time someone made a thread about this movie. Anyways, I thought it was better than the first, but I didn't love it as much as everyone else.

Also, Gareth Evans would be perfect to direct the Resident Evil reboot. Between The Raid and now Safe Haven the man definitely knows how to do action and horror.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:24 am
Pure Phase

V/H/S/2 represents a vast improvement upon the first film last year. The first short (or tape) mostly lifts its concept from The Eye (a man with an experimental electronic eye gains the frightening ability to see ghosts), but is executed very well, with a mounting sense of dread and a handful of potent supernatural jolts. The second, from the team behind The Blair Witch Project, is a macabre comic treat utilizing a first-person point-of-view to depict the experience of a recently turned zombie as he lunges after human prey and then wrestles with a certain remaining morality. It is to the point, fun, and defined by visual invention and wit. The best, though, is the third, "Safe Haven," from the director of last year's exciting critical and fan favorite The Raid: Redemption. Focused on a small team of journalists who find themselves in well over their heads when they visit a Heaven's Gate style cult's isolated compound, this short could be expanded into a feature: it is a suspenseful and twisted pint-sized genre gem with an ass-kicking ending. Alas, the fourth and final short, in which a teenage slumber party is set upon by alien invaders, is a step below the rest. It is a shade too chaotic (even by the upside-down standard of the found-footage format), the aliens are unconvincing, and the final product fails in general to realize the concept's full potential, despite a few moments of promise. On the whole, however, V/H/S/2 is well worth the hour-and-a-half investment, even for viewers who found the first to be largely mediocre.

B+

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:49 am
You are waiting for a train

^ The Safe Haven short might be one of the best things I've seen this year in movies. The rest of the shorts are fun but that one is going to stay with me. I was at the edge of my seat for the last 5-7 minutes.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:26 pm
Wallflower

Definitely better than the first. There wasn't a short here that I didn't at least enjoy. "A Ride in the Park" and "Safe Haven" were great.

7/10 ( B )

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:33 am
loyalfromlondon

"papa?"

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]