Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 R.I.P.D. 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
C 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
D 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
F 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 8

R.I.P.D. 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post R.I.P.D.
R.I.P.D.

Quote:
R.I.P.D. is an upcoming 2013 American supernatural film directed by Robert Schwentke, based on the comic book Rest in Peace Department by Peter M. Lenkov and published by Dark Horse Entertainment. The film will star Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges as Nick Walker and Roy Pulsipher, respectively.

Filming was completed on January 28, 2012, and the film was originally set to be released on June 28, 2013 in United States by Universal Pictures but was moved back to July 19, 2013.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: R.I.P.D.
R.I.P.D.

I was actually looking forward to watching this, but after the viewing it just kind of falls flat. It doesn't leave much to remember after it's over. I thought Reynolds and Bridges were okay. It was an interesting creation of all these past dead lawmen going after dead souls. I even think I might have seen Dick Tracy. Not sure. I thought I saw someone with a yellow hat. Anyway, I did enjoy Bridges character the most. I liked the fake identies each had. Cartwright!!?? Cartwright!!?? lol Overall though, the film just seemed to have bleh visuals, the deados graphically speaking were just lazy/not interesting, it has some moments of pretty good comedy but not enough for this film. The end felt a bit Ghosty too. Finally, I saw it in 3D and there wasn't much of it which seems like the trend when it comes to "3D" these days.

Grade - C

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:19 am
Extraordinary

This is the worst movie I've seen all year. Really awful. How they got above a 100 million dollar budget for this is baffling.

I'm pretty f-ing tired about Asians being made into jokes in film. What's so hilarious about being an old chinese man? I mean the people in the auditorium did laugh at that but man that pisses me off.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:12 pm
Star Trek XI

publicenemy#1 wrote:
This is the worst movie I've seen all year. Really awful. How they got above a 100 million dollar budget for this is baffling.

I'm pretty f-ing tired about Asians being made into jokes in film. What's so hilarious about being an old chinese man? I mean the people in the auditorium did laugh at that but man that pisses me off.

Rest in Peace Dud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... bITU#t=58s

IronMan1: RT Score 93%, Average Rating: 7.6/10, Reviews Counted: 238, Fresh: 222 | Rotten: 16
IronMan2: RT Score 73%, Average Rating: 6.5/10, Reviews Counted: 274, Fresh: 201 | Rotten: 73
IronMan3: RT Score 78%, Average Rating: 6.9/10, Reviews Counted: 260, Fresh: 203 | Rotten: 57
IronMan4/5/6/7/8/9: TBD

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:33 pm
Forum General

I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. Yes the visuals are mediocre, but it had a very Men In Black kind of feel and I laughed quite a bit. I loved Bridges character.

B

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:15 am
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

abysmal

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:03 pm
Pure Phase

This afterlife action comedy lives up (down?) to its reputation as a major dud. An example of a film where almost every element falls short or apart entirely. The humor, largely focused on the tense partnership of a modern detective and an Old West lawman, is beyond tired and at times almost embarrassing to experience ("She billy-goated me!"). Ryan Reynolds does his usual, though is perhaps a tad sleepier here than usual, while Jeff Bridges hugely miscalculates and delivers a self-indulgent performance. He dials every detail and tic which served him well in True Grit '10 to eleven here, rendering what was previously charming and riveting obnoxious. The antagonists, dead souls hiding among the living, represent a complete failure of imagination, which may be the most damning of the film's shortcomings and proves no one involved is a true fan of monster movies or genre films in general. The dead here blur together into a unmemorable sea of computer-generated, flatulent obesity when they should be colorful, distinct, and menacing. The action sequences are as generic as they come, and this is yet another film which ends with scenes of devastating citywide destruction with almost no human bystanders in sights, just our heroes and their supernatural enemies. No room in the budget for extras? I did find one scene neat: when Reynolds' character dies and ascends, the real world frozen in time around him.

D

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:33 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I always wanted to see it, but the reviews made me hesitant. It's not ghostbusters or MIB, but I can't see where all this terrible WOM comes from. I find it more a harmless missed opportunity than anything else. Could have and should have been a hell of a lot better, but what's there is fine when you're watching. B-

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:04 pm
now we know

Well, it was fun. The CGI isn't the best, but the other effects (frozen in time) are pretty good. Reynolds is ok, Bridges is surprisingly not annoying. I was liking it a lot more at the beginning, but the film just lets itself go so quickly and it becomes the film that you have on in the background. The editing between the hot girl/Jeff Bridges and Chinaman/Reynolds was kind of strange. I feel they should have cut it up better. The film would have made a great R-rated comic-book film. I didn't like the gun shots that were slightly hidden with editing.

C+/B-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]