Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Love is All You Need 

What grade would you give this film?
A 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Love is All You Need 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Love is All You Need
Love is All You Need

Quote:
Love Is All You Need (Danish: Den skaldede frisør, The Bald Haidresser) is a 2012 Danish romantic comedy film directed by Susanne Bier and starring Pierce Brosnan and Trine Dyrholm.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

Post Re: Love is All You Need
What a delightful surprise. This is a really charming and funny love story. Brosnan gives a great performance, it's a joy to watch him here.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

One of the best known Danish directors of her generation, Susanne Bier has won praise on the art-house circuit with films such as Brothers, After the Wedding, and Academy Award champion In a Better World, but also earned a potent legion of detractors citing pat storytelling and heavy-handed, First World friendly sermonizing. Here, she shows a lighter touch and crafts one of the more satisfying romantic comedies in recent memory. The film turns on Ida, a wife and mother of two played by a resplendent, film elevating Trine Dyrholm. Ida has just completed treatment for cancer when she discovers her oaf of a husband is unfaithful. Under a cloud, but maintaining an optimistic and proud exterior, she travels alone to Italy where her daughter is set to wed the son of Philip (Pierce Brosnan), a wealthy and taciturn Irish entrepreneur. From their first encounter onward, it is not hard to predict the arc of the pair's story, but the stars generate such a regal, sexy, and sophisticated energy, it is hard not to become invested in their relationship, and this is where every romantic comedy must truly excel. I admit the film tries too hard at times. Certain peripheral comic characters may be conceived too broadly compared to the general tone of grounded elegance, and I am not sure any contemporary film should earnestly cue "That's Amore" as often as this film earnestly cues "That's Amore." Overall, though, I found myself enchanted by the central love story and the lush Italian locations, and I will not soon forget Trine Dyrholm's phenomenal lead performance.

B+

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:54 pm
Devil's Advocate

It's pretty fun and man is Brosnan great in this, possibly his best performance

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]