Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Now is Good 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Now is Good 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Now is Good
Now is Good

Quote:
Now Is Good is a British film released in September 2012. It is an adaptation of the 2007 novel Before I Die by Jenny Downham. The film is about Tessa, a girl who is dying of leukaemia and tries to enjoy her remaining life as much as she possibly can. The cast includes Dakota Fanning, Jeremy Irvine and Paddy Considine. The first trailer for the film was released on 5 March 2012. The movie was directed and adapted from the novel by Ol Parker who had recently written the screenplay for The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Now is Good
Now is Good, the latest film from Ol Parker (Imagine Me & You, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel), is a drama about a girl dying of leukemia who has a list of things she'd like to do before she dies. At the top of this list is losing her virginity.

I thought Dakota Fanning was very good here. It helps that she's surrounded by a strong supporting cast, including Paddy Considine (In America, The Bourne Ultimatum), Olivia Williams (An Education, Hanna), and Jeremy Irvine (War Horse). I found the film very moving. Had me in tears by the end. :tears:

I found it better than a lot of similar tearjerkers, such as A Walk To Remember and My Sister's Keeper.

B+

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]