Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Fire with Fire 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Fire with Fire 
loyalfromlondon

Post Fire with Fire
Fire with Fire

Quote:
Fire with Fire is a drama film starring Josh Duhamel, Rosario Dawson and Bruce Willis. In July of 2012, the MPAA gave the film an R rating for strong violence, language and brief sexual content. The film was released straight to DVD and Blu-ray Disc on November 6, 2012.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:00 am
now we know

Despite it's terrible Steven Seagal-esque title, this is actually no worse than most of the movies that go to cinemas, so I have no idea why this didn't either. I mean, it's cast is pretty well known; Bruce Willis, Josh Duhamel (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen), Rosario Dawson, Vinnie Jones, 50 Cent, Julian McMahon (Nip/Tuck), and B.A. Baracus from The A-Team film adaptation (he's incredibly annoying). Besides Bruce, they're not huge names, but all together they should make this viable enough to play in cinemas. Much worse has played in cinemas and with less star power too. Vincent D'Onofrio is also in it as the crime boss, David Hagan. It's a fine story, but it falls victim to a generic finale (well, pretty much it's all generic but the finale could have rescued it if it were a little more original).

Curtis Jackson (50 Cent), as he's now known, produced it and gave himself a little cameo. On the whole the acting is bad and the lead star is kind of boring. Bruce is a cop investigating in Palm Beach while most of the action happens elsewhere in Palm Beach or in New Orleans, so he's technically 5th or 6th billed in terms of screen time, but he obviously takes 2nd billing because of his relative star power. This is probably the only reason it didn't get released in cinemas; not enough Bruce to warrant it being a "Bruce Willis movie".

I'm working my way through Bruce Willis' DTV movies. Only Lay the Favourite and Catch .44 remaining.

C+

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]