Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Six Bullets 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Six Bullets 
loyalfromlondon

Post Six Bullets
Six Bullets

Quote:
Six Bullets is a direct to video American thriller film directed by Ernie Barbarash, written by Chad and Evan Law and starring Jean-Claude Van Damme, Joe Flanigan and Anna-Louise Plowman. Van Damme's son, Kristopher Van Varenberg, and daughter, Bianca Bree, have small roles in the film.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:51 am
now we know

It was not good. Firstly, I'm pissed off with Van Damme giving roles to his children in every damn movie. His kids obviously aren't talented enough to cut it in the entertainment business, so why don't they get a proper job? or at least why don't they actually go to Hollywood and take auditions instead of relying on daddy to get them work? So annoying. It wouldn't bother me so much if they could act.

I liked the start of the movie with Van Damme being a butcher, and those scenes were good. I also liked much of the content leading up to the 50-minute mark.

The story was a rip-off of Taken. The acting from all involved was terrible (not Van Damme as he's exempt) especially the parents. Van Damme is always just Van Damme, and he was good in this, particularly in the first scene. The first half of the movie was fine, but later on I thought it got shit when they acted on a hunch and kidnapped that doctor and strung him up. I thought that was a little rubbish and wanted Van Damme to come up with something a little more concrete as evidence, not just some guess about a girl that he doesn't know wearing a bracelet on the wrong wrist (my point is even further validated by her parents not even knowing which wrist she wore it on). After that scene it all got terribly generic and I lost interest and couldn't wait for it to end. The action throughout was also a little shaky-cam-esque and I didn't like that. During the end the pacing was all off and the bad guys were literally standing out in the open to get shot. It was very low-budget (almost as bad as Dolph Lundgren's DTV movies, Agent Red and Bridge of Dragons) so some of it's understandable.

I miss Van Damme from 1993. But I do believe that you've got to grade a movie with its production values and studio power in mind, and as this is a DTV, low-budget effort by a few small production companies, and not a blockbuster by Warner Bros., it gets...

D+

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:59 am
Profile WWW
We had our time together

Post Re: Six Bullets
Yeah, it's nothing special but I was entertained. :)

Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]