Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Life Happens 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Life Happens 
loyalfromlondon

Post Life Happens
Life Happens

Quote:
L!fe Happens is a 2011 comedy film directed Kat Coiro and written by Coiro and Krysten Ritter. The film stars Ritter, Kate Bosworth, Kristen Johnston, Jason Biggs, and Rachel Bilson. Ritter plays the main character, Kim, who lives with her two roommates, Deena (Bosworth) and Laura (Bilson), in Los Angeles. Kim becomes pregnant after a one-night-stand so she turns to her friends for help. L!fe Happens opened in theaters on April 13, 2012.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:46 am
Superman: The Movie

Post Re: Life Happens
Think of the worst sitcom you've ever seen.

This is worse.

The only scenes that work are between Justin Kirk and Kate Bosworth with their characters weird sexual chemistry.

The premise just falls flat from the very beginning. Ritter's character is apparently so desperate to be fucked by this Australian surfer that even after she and her best friend fight over the last condom, the Australian and her still go ahead and does the deed, but not only doesn't have him finish some place else, but even after everything doesn't get an abortion (it's not even brought up), is just inexplicable. There's no reason given. Based on the first few minutes we've seen of her character, she seems like the kind of girl who wouldn't mind sticking a coat hanger up there. And unlike a movie like Knocked Up that does pretty much the same thing even though they do kind of glaze over the whole abortion thing, you're left thinking about the beginning of the film and how it doesn't make any sense, because the movie is just not funny. I wouldn't care if there was a laugh to be found here, aside from Kirk and Bosworth, but nothing works.

Knocked Up pretty much covers the same ground and does it ten times better.

½* (D-)

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]