Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

loyalfromlondon

Post Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge

Quote:
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (English: The Brave Hearted Will Take the Bride), also known as DDLJ, is a Hindi language film released on 20 October 1995. A romantic comedy, the film marked the directorial debut of Aditya Chopra, who also wrote the story. It was produced by his father Yash Chopra, and stars Shahrukh Khan and Kajol. The film tells the story of a young couple who fall in love on a European vacation, and relates how the boy tries to win over the girl's parents so that she can marry him rather than the boy that her father has chosen for her. It was filmed in India, London, and Switzerland.

Earning over 106 crore (US$21.15 million) in India and 15 crore (US$2.99 million) overseas, the film became the biggest Bollywood hit of the year, as well as one of the biggest Bollywood hits ever. During the 1996 awards season, the film won 10 Filmfare Awards, the most ever for a single film at that time, and also won the National Award for being the most popular film of the year.

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge was ranked by Indiatimes Movies among the "25 Must See Bollywood Films". It was one of two Hindi films in the "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die" list along with Mother India. It was also placed twelfth on the British Film Institute's list of the top Indian films of all time.

The film was declared an all-time blockbuster and it remains as the longest-running film in the history of Indian cinema. As of 2011, it was still playing at the Maratha Mandir theatre in Mumbai.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:35 pm
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Really liked these characters. Familiar story done well. Though when watching it from the perspective of a class, its conservativeness and shaky attitude toward's women's agency compared to the other films I saw sort of stands out

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]