Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Hand That Rocks the Cradle 

What grade would you give this film?
A 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

College Boy Z

Post The Hand That Rocks the Cradle

Quote:
The Hand That Rocks the Cradle is a 1992 American thriller about a vengeful nanny out to destroy a naïve woman and steal her family. The film was directed by Curtis Hanson, starring Annabella Sciorra, Rebecca De Mornay, and Matt McCoy. The original music score was composed by Graeme Revell.

The film's plot was reproduced for the Hindi film KhalNayika (1993) starring Anu Agarwal as the nanny, Jaya Prada as the wife, Jeetendra as the husband, and Varsha Usgaokar as the wife's friend. The same plot was also reproduced for a Telugu film entitled Kavya's Diary (2009) starring Charmi and Manjula Ghattamaneni.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:37 pm
La Bella Vito

I absolutely loved this movie! Great performances here from all of the actors. Rebecca De Mornay is the definite standout of the bunch, and she is one of the best psychos I have ever seen on scream. She is just so downright evil, and very convincing in her role. Annabella Sciora was also very good as the mother. Julianne Moore makes an appearance in this film, and her character is a ruthless bitch, and I really liked her a lot, she was one of my favorites. Madeline Zima, the girl who plays the daughter is very impressive, and does a great job. Ernie Hudson plays a retard, and is very good in his role. I thought the story was very good, and is was a suspenseful roller coaster ride from start to finish. A very good thriller in my opinion, and the way the villian dies is very unexpected, and humorous at the same time if you think about it. The greenhouse scene is very good, and the asthma attack scene is really good as well. The scene when Peyton confronts the boy that is bullying Emma is hilarious! I also liked the final showdown at the end, very suspenseful, and well done. Some of my favorite one liners from the film can be found below. I just loved this movie!

Peyton: Are you a retard?
Solomon: No
Peyton: Did you like looking at me?... Did you like looking at me? Don't fuck with me, retard. My version of the story will be... better.

[Claire Bartel is having an asthma attack]
Peyton Flanders: Something the matter, Claire?
[whispers]
Peyton Flanders: When your husband makes love to you, it's MY face he sees. When your baby's hungry, it's MY breast that feeds him. Look at you! When push comes to shove... you can't even breathe!

[to schoolyard bully]
Peyton: I got a message for you, Roth! LEAVE EMMA ALONE! Look at me - if you don't, I'm gonna rip your fucking head off!

A

Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Veteran

Campy and creepy at the same time. It's hard to believe this was made by director Curtis Hansen who went on to direct L.A. Confidential and Wonder Boys. It feels a little bit too much like one of those old TV movie of the weeks from the 70's and 80's, but it's still a guilty pleasure. Rebecca DeMornay pops out of wherever she's hiding occasionally and gives a good performance. (Did anyone catch her on the last season of The Practice?) Notable also for a brief appearance of Julianne Moore. My grade: B-.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Post Re: The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
Hah. Oh, boy. I was watching this on TV the other day for the first time in a longgggggggggg time.

It's sort of silly, but also rather well-made at the same time.

And, of course, it's an instant guilty pleasure.

Peyton: "Don't fuck with me, retard."

B

Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]