Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Burke and Hare 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Burke and Hare 
loyalfromlondon

Post Burke and Hare
Burke and Hare

Quote:
Burke and Hare is a British black comedy film, loosely based on the Burke and Hare murders. Directed by John Landis, the film stars Simon Pegg and Andy Serkis as William Burke and William Hare respectively. It was Landis's first feature film release in twelve years, the last being 1998's Susan's Plan. The film was released in the United Kingdom on 29 October 2010.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:06 pm
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Re: Burke and Hare
Burke and Hare is a solid dark comedy with great comedic acting from Simon Pegg and Andy Serkis. The film takes a while to get off the ground, but after it gets going it is a non-stop ride of funny, yet sinister actions from the two men. Isla Fisher pulls in a charming role as well. All and all, just a fun comedy to sit back and watch. ***

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Burke and Hare
I thought this was really good. First off, what a cast! Simon Pegg, Isla Fisher, Andy Serkis, Tom Wilkinson, Jessica Hynes, Bill Bailey, Hugh Bonneville, Ronnie Corbett, Christopher Lee, and Tim Curry, plus a whole host of cameos by such character actors/comedians as Paul Whitehouse, Stephen Merchant, Steve Speirs, etc. Secondly, I was surprised to see this is a John Landis film. He hasn't really directed much since the 90s! And I'm not too familiar with his work aside from Oscar, Coming to America, and Trading Places (all of which could do with a rewatch). I've heard of his others, but not seen them. I just thought this was really clever and funny in how they've created many things of modern life by injecting humour into it, such as the funeral parlour or the photograph. B+

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]