Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 If These Walls Could Talk 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

loyalfromlondon

Post If These Walls Could Talk 2

Quote:
If These Walls Could Talk 2 is an Emmy Award-winning 2000 television movie in the United States, broadcast on HBO. It follows three separate storylines about lesbian couples in three different time periods. As with the original If These Walls Could Talk, all the stories are set in the same house. The film is similar to the 2000 film Common Ground.

The first segment is set in 1961, and stars Vanessa Redgrave as Edith Tree. It concerns the death of Tree's lover and soulmate, Abby Hedley, played by Marian Seldes, and Tree's exclusion from subsequent "family" matters.

The second segment, featuring Chloƫ Sevigny and Michelle Williams is set in 1972, and involves bitter divisions in the feminist movement at the time.

The third segment is set in the "present-day", is more light-hearted, and features Sharon Stone and Ellen DeGeneres as a lesbian couple trying for a baby.

The segments were directed by Jane Anderson, Martha Coolidge, and Anne Heche respectively.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun May 22, 2011 7:56 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: If These Walls Could Talk 2
Overall this was great, but what left the biggest impression was the incredible first story starring Vanessa Redgrave. It is amazingly powerful. So heartbreaking. I was moved to tears. I would LOVE to see this story made into a feature-length film so it could reach a bigger audience. With some highly respected actresses like Vanessa or Judi Dench in the role(s) there's no way it wouldn't receive Oscar nominations. This is a story that needs to be seen by as many people as possible, especially with the ongoing debate over gay marriage and gay rights. Someone seriously needs to look into adapting this. I fully believe it has the ability to change minds and open hearts.

If you don't watch the entire film, I strongly recommend at least seeing the first story. Cannot recommend it enough.

I would give this an A- as a whole, but the first story is an A/A+.

Here's the the beginning of the first part (YouTube has the entire thing in 5 parts):

Mon May 23, 2011 2:07 am
Forum General

Post Re: If These Walls Could Talk 2
Whenever I think about this I get sad. ;) The first story is ridiculously sad but an important story to be told. It's beautiful. The second story I don't really remember besides the fact that Michelle Williams (I think?) is in it and the third was great as well. Loved Ellen in it.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Mon May 23, 2011 1:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW