Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Ninja Assassin 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
C 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Ninja Assassin 

Post Ninja Assassin
Ninja Assassin

Quote:
Ninja Assassin is a 2009 American action/martial arts film directed by James McTeigue and starring Rain. The film was produced by Joel Silver and the Wachowski brothers, and filming took place in Berlin, Germany.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:34 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Post Re: Ninja Assassin
Fucking. Awesome.

Corny, for sure. Definitely had that B-movie feel to it.

But awesome.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:03 pm
Top Poster

This could have been so much better, I mean Ninja's make everything good right? Well this movie wastes them on some silly B movie plot that tries to intergrate them into the modern world and silly training vows/rules. The violence is also so over the top which would normally be good but in numerous fight/battle sequences it seems very cartoonish (Afro Samurai) or Video game like (Ninja Gaiden) Blood flows like a cut waterhose and at times looks like "fruit punch". It does have one sexy good lead actress in it that reminds you of Meagan Fox's debut in "Transformers" they even have almost identical movie names as well "Mika". Naomie Harris is yummy to look at. Other than that it's a pretty boring movie that other than the opening ninja attack seen is utterly forgetable.

C

Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:37 pm
Pure Phase

V for Vendetta director James McTeigue delivers a solid martial arts extravaganza. It's not Art, but it is fun. South Korean pop star Rain proves to be a charismatic, intense lead and his character is relatively well-developed. The real draw, though, is the action. It's fast, furious, and drowning in blood, blood, blood. The fights honestly may grate on genre fans who prefer uninterrupted shots and no-wires stunts to rapid-fire editing and CG enhancement, but if you enjoyed the zany, stylized action seen in films such as The Matrix and Sin City, you will be in heaven.

Overall, there's not much to say. It's a cool popcorn movie. If you are in the mood, give it a whirl.

B

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:48 pm
Wallflower

NINJA ASSASSIN - 7/10 (B-)

Pretty cool for what is essentially a mindless action flick. The fight scenes are slick and stylish and there is copious amounts of red. Actually, that's almost an understatement. This movie is violent as fuck! The extreme violence and well-shot fight scenes are what make this fairly entertaining. Not a movie I care about watching again and it certainly has nothing on director James McTeigue's "V For Vendetta," but it's fun enough for one viewing.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:47 pm
Let's Call It A Bromance

Ninja Assassin's plot is decent enough in its start but turns into typical "kill the boss" kind of film in the third act. The stylized violence was alright at the start but near the end it was just tiring and overdone. Ninja Assassin had potential, however not much of it was met. *1/2

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

What a sweet surprise. I didn't expect much from Ninja Assassin but I thought it was really entertaining and surely one of the more bloodier films I've ever seen. My favorite part was Raizo's backstory. And the fights were awesome all the way through.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

What happened to my review? I really dug this one!

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:44 pm
You must have big rats

Riggs wrote:
What a sweet surprise. I didn't expect much from Ninja Assassin but I thought it was really entertaining and surely one of the more bloodier films I've ever seen. My favorite part was Raizo's backstory. And the fights were awesome all the way through.

Seen it last night on TV?

Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

Yup.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]