Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Sleepaway Camp 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Sleepaway Camp 

Post Sleepaway Camp
Sleepaway Camp

Quote:
Sleepaway Camp is a 1983 cult classic slasher movie written and directed by Robert Hiltzik—who also served as executive producer. The film is about teen campers getting killed at a summer camp. The film came at a time when slasher films were in their heyday, and is frequently listed as having one of the most shocking endings among horror films.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Sleepaway Camp
SLEEPAWAY CAMP - 9/10 (A-)

The only "Sleepaway Camp" film I'd ever seen was the second, which I'd seen a few times growing up. I would have seen the others but the video stores around here only ever carried the second. And now, even with having Netflix, I still didn't get around to seeing the first until now. When I saw the boxed set of the trilogy at the local pawn shop in good condition recently for just $6, I couldn't pass it up. Now after finally seeing the first, I can easily say it's one of the best 80's slasher films I've ever seen. The ending is quite creepy. I already knew all about the twist, but it's still one of the best, most awesome horror movie twists. It's easy to see why this was such a cult hit. I can only imagine how shocking and controversial this was when it was originally released back in 1983.

Now I'm looking forward to watching the second again, and the third for the first time. Not sure if I'll bother with last year's Return To Sleepaway Camp, which is supposed to be godawful. It would be nice if they could revive this series, but it just wouldn't be the same without that 80's magic. It would lose its charms.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:40 pm
The Wall

Post Re: Sleepaway Camp
Finally watched this one. Despite the bad screenplay, bad acting, the fact it's badly filmed - I kinda liked it? It just might be that the idea (the twist, which luckily I haven't been spoiled) is pretty strong for a regular slasher.

**1/2 / ***** (C-)

Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]