Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Cabin Fever 

What grade would you give this film?
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Cabin Fever 

Post Cabin Fever
Cabin Fever

Quote:
Cabin Fever is a 2002 American horror film about a group of college graduates who rent a cabin in the woods and begin to fall victim to a flesh-eating virus. The film was the directing debut of filmmaker Eli Roth, who co-wrote the film with Randy Pearlstein. The inspiration for the film's story came from a real life experience during a trip to Iceland when Roth developed a skin infection. The film's title is a double entendre, referring both to the phenomenon, which is seen in the declining of the student's friendships, and also to the illness spreading through the cabin. Ironically, though, fever is never implied to be one of the disease's symptoms.

Roth wanted the style of his film to make a departure from many modern horror films that had been released in recent years. One modern horror film, The Blair Witch Project, did inspire Roth to use the internet to help promote the film during its production and help gain interest towards its distribution. The film itself, however, draws from many of Roth's favorite horror films, such as The Evil Dead, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, and The Last House on the Left. Roth was tired of what he called the "watered down PG-13" horror films of the studios, and refused to compromise on the violence or nudity, saying they were essential ingredients to an '80s-style horror film.

In February 2010, a newly restored director's cut was released on Blu-ray.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Leader of the Pack

Post Re: Cabin Fever
One of my favorite Horror Comedies. It hits all the right notes and has some extremely memorable moments. A-

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:58 am
College Boy Z

Except for the ridiculous karate child with the pancake craving, I love this.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:02 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

I'd have to say at this point, CABIN FEVER is a cult classic up there with the EVIL DEAD.. The carnage was downright fantastic and how a bunch of dope smoking happy teenagers starts out like that in the beginning and all end up in a fucking pile in a bonfire at the end being torched, PLUS the last guy to walk out at the end gets shot like a 100 fucking times that was just so over the top brutal it made me laugh.. An A+ for this movie..

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:36 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

B

After being hailed as a new American horror classic and being the movie that shot Eli Roth to fame, I must admit that I was somewhat let down by it. It does have the atmosphere of solid horror flicks of the 1980s and I really liked the whole set-up, but once the shit hits the fan it is nothing really groundbreaking or particularly exciting. It's definitely not bad and mostly good fun. I really liked Roth's injection of humor into the whole thing (though the pancake kid....what the hell?!) and his ruthlessness with the characters. It also, however, lacks suspense. I am sure it is not easily to actually create a suspenseful movie about a flesh-eating virus (since there's no killer or monster to run away or hide from), so this was probably the best this film could be. But as it is, it is good, but not great. Should be good for repeat viewings down the road, though.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]